Printer Activity Monitor
Printer Activity Monitor is an advanced printers usage monitoring product allowing you to control the efficiency of your company's printer usage. With Printer Activity Monitor you can easily monitor and audit your printers and find out which documents are printed on each of the selected printers, which employees use printers most often, the number of pages printed, the computer ordering the printing, etc.
Printer Activity Monitor benefits:
- accurate print jobs tracking;
- integration with Active Directory;
- advanced printers audit features;
- remote printers usage monitoring;
- compatibility with Microsoft Cluster Server;
- managing all application modules remotely;
- compatibility with Citrix MetaFrame/Terminal Services;
- working with an unlimited number of printers;
- installing all application modules separately;
- intercepting the images of printed documents;
- independent of printer types and their manufacturers;
- has task scheduler for automating the creation and delivery of reports.
- possibility to use SQLite, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle as data storage;
- detecting exact print job properties: the number of copies, the number of printed pages and so on
- allows generating a great number of reports and diagrams reflecting the efficiency of your printer usage;
- reduces your printing expenses;
- monitoring printers in an organization in a centralized way;
- helps prevent attempts to use the office printers for employees' personal use;
How the program works
No office can function without a printer. The bigger the office, the more printers it has, and the larger are the related costs on paper, ink and additional equipment. Printer Activity Monitor is a "do-gooder" kind of program that actually makes you money, instead of wasting it, by lowering your printing costs (up to fifty dollars a year per laser printer, according to our customer survey). How? It tracks each document printed and keeps a database of all printing activity.
Printer Activity Monitor immediately identifies any employees who overuse or abuse company printers. Second, it allows you to plan you printing budget properly, so you don't have to buy extra ink, cartridges and paper "just in case". Finally, it shows real use of each printer, so you can re-rout network document flow instead of purchasing new printers.
The program is presented in three modules. The first one(Agent) is works as system service and tracks every document printed. The second module(Data Center) calculates this data and third module(Console) generates reports and diagrams.
For example, you can build a report that shows how many documents were printed on a specified printer within the past two months. Also, you can have a breakdown of printer use (in pages printed) by each employee or workstation. Finally, you can have a printing budget for each department (number of pages allowed to be printed in a period of time) and put weekly statistics on the wall.
Our customers’ experiences clearly demonstrate that printer usage significantly decreases (by 15-40%) within the first month after the program installed and stays just as low. Some of our bigger clients save more than $10,000 a year with Printer Activity Monitor.
- Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/Seven
- 1024Mb RAM
- 10000 Kb free disk space