SurfCop for Microsoft Forefront TMG/ISA Server 2004/2006
SurfCop is a software solution designed for internet usage monitoring and controlling internet traffic in companies that uses Microsoft Forefront TMG oráMicrosoft ISA Server 2004/2006 software products as corporate Internet gateway (Firewall). The product implements the concept of integrated approach to monitoring and limiting corporate Internet traffic, and also to controlling the efficiency of the company's employees.
The main features of the program include:
- monitoring traffic;
- limiting traffic;
- bandwidth management;
- monitoring and limiting users' surfing time;
- generating reports about traffic consumption;
- monitoring user activity in real time;
- limiting access to sites depending on categories they belong to;
- limiting access to web pages containing forbidden words and much more;
How the software works
The program is a set of filters for Microsoft Forefront TMG/ISA Server that monitor user activity and control visited sites. The filters are installed on computers where MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server components are running. During their activity, the filters gather collected data and send it to the Data Center for detailed analysis.
The program consists of three components:
- Agent - the filter permanently residing in memory and collecting information about user activity. In case the Enterprise version of MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server is used, the filters must be installed on all servers in the array.
- Data Center - the system service receiving data from agents and gathering it in the database. SQLite, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle can be used as a data storage. It is possible to install the Data Center on any computer in the network.
- Management Console - the Microsoft Management Console snap-in designed for administering the software and controlling Internet activity. The console is delivered as a separate component and can be installed separately from all other system components (the MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server console is required).
- Active Directory support;
- MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server 2004/2006 support;
- close integration with the MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server 2004/2006 console;
- compatibility with the Standard and Enterprise editions of MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server 2004/2006;
- multi-tier architecture allowing all software components to be installed on different computers;
- remote administration from any network computer;
- administration and monitoring from several network workstations at once;
- support for SQLite, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle as a data storage;
- a lot of predefined reports allowing collected information to be analyzed from various angles;
- MicrosoftáForefront TMG/ISA Server 2004/2006
- 10000 KB free disk space